You asked, we answered: I’ve tried several diets and regular exercise – is there anything new to help people lose weight?
, 2022-10-24 19:57:25,
Please share how those over 65 can lose weight. I’ve tried diets (many) and continuous exercise. Is there anything new? I’d really like to know.
Answered by registered dietitian nutritionist Jacque Schwartz, MHA, RDN, LMNT, LD:
The best weight loss plan for anyone is a well-rounded diet focusing on lean proteins, nonstarchy vegetables, fruits, and whole grains while limiting the intake of saturated fat and sugar. Regular exercise should also be part of your regimen. In general, you should aim to get about 150 minutes of exercise per week, or at least 30 minutes a day, five times a week. Additionally, studies show that those who have lost more than 10% of their body weight and are trying to maintain that weight loss should strive for 300 minutes of exercise per week.
Consider these tricks for losing weight:
- Eat your meals on a salad plate.
- Portion snacks ahead of time in small bags to avoid overeating.
- Share an entrée when eating out.
- Self-monitor your food intake with an app or food journal. Research shows that people who record their eating habits are more successful at losing weight and keeping it off.
- Avoid beverages that are calorie-filled and full of added sugars.
- Limit eating out excessively.
- Focus on eating three meals a day and not skipping meals.
- Avoid yo-yo dieting, which can cause your metabolism to drop, making weight loss more difficult.
- Be careful where you’re getting your nutrition and weight loss information. If it’s on the…
To read the original article from news.google.com, Click here